RUN FOR IT
What do we mean when we say an SER or a Representative? Student Elected Representatives (sometimes referred to as SERs) are students who submitted their candidacy during the ITU yearly election and have been awarded a seat in the various collegiate bodies of the university. Here student input is used to improve the quality of the study environment, in accordance to danish law.
It’s fun and also challenging because you get to work with very professional people. You learn a lot and get to actually change things at ITU. Here you can try to push things in a direction that benefits the students. It is super important that the students are represented, give their feedback and can say `no` if there is too much pressure. It also really develops your personal competences because you work with dedicated faculty.
The best way to run is to come meet us in the Atrium and ask us about what it means to be a Representative of your fellow students. You can find us every day from 4th to the 8th of November from 10:00 to 14:00!
If for any reason you are not able to drop by for at least a 5 minute talk and really want to run, please contact us to get guidance and help with running for certain positions.
- Representing your classmates and working closely with the management of ITU
- The ability to change things at ITU, and have your voice be heard
- An addition to your CV
- Both professional and social network at ITU and outside of it
- Access to Student Council’s resources
- Social events and gatherings with Student Council members
- Be engaged and spend approximately 4-6 hours a month
- Wanting to help all of your fellow students
- Respect your colleagues and their time
- Attend your collegiate body`s meeting and be prepared
- Attend Student Council meetings
- Update other SERs on your projects
We all know that students are busy and not that much time is required to be productive as an SER. Here is an approximate idea of how much time it takes:
- Meetings: 4-5 meetings per semester that take 2-3 hours
- Preparation for meetings: 1-2 hours depending on the importance and length of the documents
Time left to RUN FOR IT