The Student Council intends to support student organisations, both established ones and also help kickstart other new initiatives that show interest from the student body.
We have seen many cases where students need guidance to start a new club or initiative. There are situations where the complexity of registering an organisation, imposing bylaws and managing a stand-alone organisation is too much work for smaller groups of students, who are looking more towards starting a “chess club” or a “climbing club”.
These smaller initiatives don’t require all the leg work of running a stand-alone organisation, and are easier to manage. The banking services are covered by the Student Council. In addition to this, we can help your new “club” with:
- advice with the establishment of a registered organisation (NGO)
- provide you with a basic template of bylaws for your members
- financial support and accounting services under our own bank account (the SAF Fund)
- guidance for further funding support
- access to the Student Council, together with other representatives of student organisations
Please remember that SAF projects should be:
- Student-driven activities: You must be an active student enrolled at ITU
- Based on volunteering: You must gather and manage the volunteers for the project yourself
- Adds value to ITU student environment: Activities that can improve the image of ITU and it’s students
- Targeted at all ITU students: Any student from ITU can benefit from this activity